About Prince of Peace

Attention: open in a new window. PDF | Print | E-mail

In 1958, the District Board of Northern Indiana for the Church of the Brethren was ready to establish another church and purchased the present nine acre site on December 6, 1958. Construction of the parsonage was started in August 1959, and completed in January 1960. That same month, the first meeting of interested families was held in the home of George and Freda Rupley. Robert Swank, the first pastor, led services in the basement of the parsonage until completion of the church building. the first organized Sunday School class was held in April.

Ground breaking for the church building was in March 1961, and the first services in the new building were in the basement in October 1961. The sanctuary was completed in February 1962, and on Palm Sunday, April 15, 1962, the congregation received it's charter with thirty-six members. The church was dedicated on June 10, 1962. The congregation has experienced steady growth, and welcomes new members.

On February 17, 2013 the congregation voted by unanimous consent to join the Supportive Communities Network.